Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Cold Soda

You never know what cold soda can do for ya. I am usually not a big soda drinker but out here on the trail I have found myself drinking more of it then normal. It's one of those silly pleasures one gets when they have been out in the woods for a long period of time.

So, this morning wasn't really going my way and I was having trouble getting myself to hike. It has been a rough couple of mentally for me and my brain has been kinda fried. Three plus months on the trail is a long time and I think it has started to get to me.

This morning I'm walking at a much slower pace then normal, 9 miles by noon instead of the usual 12, and I come along to this cooler full of ice cold sodas. Which happened to be right at the 500 mile to go point. Now I sat down and had a soda and boy it taste good. So good I ended up having a second. And since having those 2 sodas I have felt rejuvenated and ready to go. I feel a lot better mentally and am good to go. So you never know what a cold soda might do.

3 comments:

  1. If it's as hot in the mountains as it is over here, I'm sure an ice cold soda felt great! Only 500 more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kinda soda are we dealing with here? Coke a cola? A&W root beer? Sprite? Pepsi?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow only 500 miles to go! So cool that there was just a cooler of soda there... Did you take any for the road? haha. Keep it up, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete